The YES (Youth Expecting Success) Program provides the following services:
- To youth (young men and women) ages 13 to 18 years old attending public, private or charter schools. (There is no cost, cultural, economic or zip code restrictions to participate.) Youth may attend each year until they complete High School.
- Classes are conducted each year from January to May in area churches, schools or organizations. Youth wishing to participate should leave a message on this site and a staff member will contact them regarding program details.
- To youth interested in furthering their education by attending a college/university, junior college or trade school college readiness is provided.
- High School Youth are taught the “how to” of taking the SAT exam taught by university prepared volunteer professionals. These series of classes enable students to gain test taking skills needed to be successful with the actual SAT exam.
- Junior High Youth: STAAR math and reading preparation is provided to assist student with higher achievement in taking the STAAR exam and promote overall academic improvement.
- Youth are pre and post tested in both groups to assess knowledge improvement.
- Youth graduation event each year consist of a fashion show, public speaking and talent presentation. The outstanding young man and woman awards are presented as well as awards given for outstanding academic and social achievements.
YES Program Life Skills classes:
Classes presented consist of: Spiritual Growth (faith-based); Sex Education- “You are Worth Waiting For;” Etiquette and Grooming; Money Management; Career Exposure; Community Service; Health and Wellness and Alcohol/Drug Abuse Prevention.
Support the Y.E.S. program by making a donation! Click here for a list of our most-needed items.
Apply for the Y.E.S. Program. Enrollment ends Jan 5th, 2019: